fredag den 4. juli 2014

In The Name Of Cats


This post have absolutely nothing to do with cats.. Or does it? I don't know.
And THAT's the point of this post. Stuff we know squat about!
That's right, there are actually things, besides dancing, that I, Penny Décor, know nothing of. Inconceivable, I know!
Okay, time for me to get off the high horse and be real for a minute ^^

One of the, many to be honest, things I know nothing, or very little about, is Manga. So when Faylinn came to me and told me about the items she was making for July's Manga fair, I must have looked like a giant questionmark. Thank God we're in SL and she couldn't actually see my puzzled expression.
Now, I HAVE heard the word Manga before, and had a vague idea what it was about. I knew it was most likely Japanese (check), that is had something to do with cartoons (check).. and right about there, my knowledge on the matter ceased to exists.

What to do, what to do? I asked myself and turned to my good friend Google. I had to know... What is this Manga? What does it do? Is there a secret handshake?

I will say this. One thing I found very interesting, is that when you see Manga inspired characters out there, they are usually very bright and colourful, but printed Manga comics are most often to be drawn in black and white.
Really don't know why I found that fact to be as interesting as I do... Maybe we'll find the answer to that in another post.

However, if you are a Manga fan, or you simply enjoy cute and colourful clothes and accessories, then you don't wanna let this fair slip through your hands. You've got all of July to visit, and .:Buttery Toast:. will be right there to greet you with not just one, but two items!

First is the ”In The Name Of Cats” collar and cuffs. You've got 7 different colours to choose from, and yet I went with pink... again. I'm beginning to think I have a problem ^^
Secondly, you have the necklaces. These come in a Otaku, Kawaii or Meow version, each in 3 different colours. The one I chose, is teal as I found the contrast with the pink to be quite pretty.
Now, I'll happily admit that I had no freaking idea what Otaku meant, so once again I had to turn to Google.
Apparently, there's a few definitions of the word, depending on your culture, but all in all it comes down to being quite the fan /geek when it comes to this hobby. But according to google, calling someone Otaku in Japan is an insult, so you might wanna refrain from calling someone that.

Just saying ;)


Collar/Cuffs: .:Buttery Toast:. - In The Name Of Cats (pink) @MangaFair NEW
Necklace: .:Buttery Toast:. - Otaku (teal) @MangaFair NEW
Hair: [^.^Ayashi^.^] - Marise @CandyShop
Dress: *SC* - Pink Polka Dot Summer Dress 
Shoes: REIGN. - Pink Fusion Buckled Pumps
Eyes: [Buzz] - Ardent Eyes (sapphire)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar