mandag den 23. juni 2014

No Hate


Having grown up in a small European county, I think I've lived a pretty sheltered life.
I remember posting in a thread on Reddit once, where we were talking about what others thought of our individual countries. Not surprisingly, what most people thought about when I mentioned Denmark, was beer and prostitutes.
It sounds horrible when it's mentioned without context, but what is referred to, is of course our major breweries like Tuborg and Calsberg, and the fact that it's legal for prostitution to be your main source of income.

But I do think there are other things that Denmark should be known for. In 1952, American Marine Soldier George W. Jorgensen travelled to Denmark, and became the first person who got widely known for having sex reassignment  surgery. He could later leave the country as Christine.
Denmark is also the first country in the World that made it possible for same sex couples to enter registred partnership.

Am I saying that hate against bi/homo/trans-sexuals doesn't happen here?
No.. I can't promise such a thing. Sadly. 
I would love for anyone to be able to stand up and say, "I live in a hate free world". But instead, we live on a planet where people are being judged based on the person they love and/or are attracted to. 
No matter your skin tone, sexuality, religion.. etc, you should be able to choose your partner and not worry about people's opinion.
Cause in the end, it really shouldn't matter.


Dress: Luas - Tyene White
Hair: [taketomi] - Sachi
Face Tattoo: Eternal Raine - NOH8 Right Tape

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar